Welcome to the first workshop on AI@UmU. The workshop is organized as part of the “AI Competence for Sweden” initiative.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, October 17th, 8.30-19.00, at MIT-Place in the MIT Building.
The workshop is for you who:
- want to join in forming tomorrow’s AI at Umeå university,
- want to know more about ongoing national and international AI initiatives that Umeå University is part of,
- want to meet and learn what is ongoing in the field of artificial intelligence at Umeå University,
- want to participate in initiating a cross-faculty discussion on how research and education on AI foundations, their applications and integration into society can be further expanded at Umeå University through cross-disciplinary collaborations.
The day will contain presentations, inspiration talks and round table discussions. We invite researchers and teachers employed at Umeå University to give a brief presentation of the following:
- What AI or AI-related research are you/your group/your department pursuing, and/or what AI-related courses do you/your group/your department give
- What are the main research problems?
- What is lacking at Umeå University to advance the field?
- What specific educational effort(s) relating to AI do you find most urgent?
The questions are intentionally broad in order to collect a broad range of aspects as a first inventory.
In order to provide space for as many presenters as possible the time for presentation is limited to a maximum 6 minutes for the presentation and a maximum 5-6 slides. The first slide should be a title slide including your name and affiliation. The presentations should be in English, and will be recorded.
Sign up no later than October 9. Use this link to sign up.
When signing up, specify whether you would like to give a presentation. You will receive a notification after October 9 whether you will be able to present, since the number of slots are limited.
Presentations should be sent to Kai-Florian Richter by October 13 at the latest.
For questions contact Kai-Florian Richter.
8.30-9.00 Registration and coffee
9.00-9.30 Welcome by Vice Chancellor Hans Adolfsson, and information about the AI initiatives AI Sweden, WASP and CLAIRE
9.30-10.30 Session 1: Presentations
Heather Wiltse, Umeå Institute of Design
Kai-Florian Richter, Computing Science
Esteban Guerrero, Computing Science
Karin Danielsson, Informatics
Henrik Björklund, Computing Science
Markus Naarttijärvi, Law
Eva Svedmark, Informatics/UPL
Xavier de Luna, Statistics/USBE
Johan Burström, ITS
Kalle Prorok, TFE
11.00-12.00 Session 2: Presentations
Helena Lindgren, Computing Science
Rickard Sjögren, Chemistry
Kenneth Bodin, UMIT
Lili Jiang, Computing Science
Martin Servin, Physics
Rolf Hugoson, Political Science
Juan Carlos Nieves, Computing Science
Christer Grönlund, Radiation Sciences
Johanna Björklund, Computing Science
Zonghua Gu, TFE
12.00-13.00 Mingle lunch
13.00-13.45 Inspiration talk by Virginia Dignum: The hype and promises of AI – towards Responsible Artificial Intelligence
13.45-14.30 Roundtable discussions Round 1
14.45-15.30 Roundtable discussions Round 2
15.30-16.30 Session 3: Presentations
Karin Danielsson, Informatics
Galina Biedenbach, USBE
Linus Holm, Psychology
Suna Bensch, Computing Science
Tommy Löfstedt, Radiation Sciences
Frank Drewes, Computing Science
Avinash Kumar Singh, Computing Science
Oleg Seleznjev, Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics
Timotheus Kampik, Computing Science
Erik Elmroth, Computing Science
Johan Trygg, Chemistry
The AI Sweden – UmU work group
The AI@UmU workshop group: Kai-Florian Richter, Virginia Dignum, Juan Carlos Nieves, Mikael Hansson and Helena Lindgren