Welcome to a workshop on AI Education@UmU. The workshop is organized as part of the “AI Competence for Sweden” initiative. Information about other AI initiatives and events at Umeå University can be found here.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, September 5th, 12.00-16.00, at MIT-Place in the MIT Building.
Sign up no later than Sept 1, using this link.
The workshop is for you who:
- are interested or plan to submit an application for developing AI content in your existing course(s) (deadline Sept 16, more information can be found here),
- want to meet to discuss with other teachers and researchers interested in further developing UmU:s education on AI,
- want to know more about ongoing national and international AI initiatives that Umeå University is part of,
- want to meet and learn what is ongoing in the field of artificial intelligence at Umeå University,
- want to participate in the ongoing cross-faculty discussion on how research and education on AI foundations, their applications and integration into society can be further expanded at Umeå University through cross-disciplinary collaborations.
We invite researchers and teachers employed at Umeå University, in particular, from the faculties Humanities, Social Sciences and Medicine to give a brief presentation of your plans for developing AI education, potentially in the context of:
- What AI-related courses do you/your group/your department already give?
- What specific educational effort(s) relating to AI do you find most urgent?
- What specific educational effort(s) relating to AI do you propose and would like to discuss at the workshop?
In order to provide space for as many presenters as possible the time for presentation is limited to a maximum 6 minutes for the presentation and a maximum 5-6 slides. The first slide should be a title slide including your name and affiliation. The presentations should be in English.
Sign up no later than Sept 1. Use this link to sign up.
When signing up, specify whether you would like to give a presentation. You will receive a notification after September 1 whether you will be able to present, since the number of time slots are limited.